Introducing our teams that will be racing on Saturday, Septemeber 19th. The first round will begin at 9:00 AM and each race is approximately 12 minutes long. This year the races will be much closer to the shore, so a much better viewing for our spectators!
- Life Preservers – Mather Hospital
- Skeleton Crew – Mather Hospital
- The Kitchen Sync – Mather Hospital
- Shrink or Swim – Mather Hospital
- Blazing Paddles – Mather Hospital
- Paperback Paddlers
- The Melville Maniacs – Melville Surgery Center
- The Pride of Lions
- Seas The Day – St. Charles Hospital
- Bad to the Bone – St. Charles Hospital
- VLACC Team Pho
- Crave the Wave – BNL
- Stony Brook Chinese School
- Suffolk Lodge #60
- Confucius Institute
- Half Hollow Hills
- Hope for the Warriors
- Stony Brook University
- Stony Brook Children’s Hospital
- Port Jeff Row-tarians
- NYCB Dragons
- PJ Dragons of Pirates Cove
- Perfect Storm
It’s that time and we are getting very close to our 2nd Annual Port Jefferson Dragon Boat Race Festival!! The teams are hyped up and our fans our looking forward to another amazing event!
The last 6 – 8 months our committee has been working very hard putting this spectacular event together. Last year we had about 4,000 spectators join us for this long, one-day event. With the Asian food and retail vendors, our live performances, such as Taiko drumming, Thai dancing, and Lion dances, this brought hundreds of people to enjoy this outstanding event.
This year, we’ll have more Asian food vendors, spectacular performances and 24 teams that will be racing! It will be another impressive event and we are all looking forward to it!
We’ll see you Saturday, Sept. 19th at 8:30 a.m., which will be the opening ceremony.
Now that the time is getting closer, we will keep you posted here on any latest information!